Our next aim is to make our packaging 100% re-usable/recyclable and more ecofriendly.
We currently have a 5 layer packaging to our products.
- Each product is sealed in a ziplock to prevent it from moisture or dirt.
We use ziplock bags made from plastic material LDPE, which is recyclable and has a recycling code of #4. These bags can be recycled by disposing of them in designated areas/bins for plastic waste.
- Re-usable signature Niko drawstring pouch.
Our drawstring pouches are made of microfiber cloth and are re-unusable. We are aiming to convert this into a more eco-friendly option.
- The pouch is wrapped into paper bubble wrap to prevent any damage during transit.
We use an environmentally friendly alternative to bubble wrap. The paper bubble wrap we use is 100% recycled and is also 100% recyclable with biodegradable materials.
- The wrapped goods are put into a recycled paper corrugated box.
We chose to use these boxes because nearly 81% of corrugated cardboard is recycled. Any shape, size or colour of cardboard can be recycled.
- Finally, the box is sealed in a poly mailer bag.
Similar to ziplock, used poly mailers are made from plastic material LDPE, which is recyclable and has a recycling code of #4.
Poly mailers which have a grey/black colour on the inside, are usually made with recycled material. The ones with white colour inside are made of virgin plastic.